Most of the Seam example applications work with JBoss Application Server 5.x as is. Seam 2.2.0 is the recommended version for use with AS5.
The setup required to use JBoss AS 5 is exactly the same as with JBoss AS 4.2.X
- Download JBoss AS 5 and start JBoss with the bin/run.(sh/bat) script.
- Edit build.properties in your Seam directory and configure the jboss.home property to be your JBoss AS installation directory.
- In the jboss-seam/examples/booking directory, type ant deploy.
- Point your browser to http://localhost:8080/seam-booking/ and register an account and book some hotels.
- In the jboss-seam/examples/drools directory, type ant deploy.
- Point your browser to http://localhost:8080/seam-drools/ and play the guessing game.
- In the jboss-seam/examples/wicket directory, type ant deploy.
- Point your browser to http://localhost:8080/seam-wicket/ and see what Wicket is all about.
Note that jpa example has AS5 specific build target - jboss5
Now pick one of these apps and change the pages and/or source code in your Seam's /examples/<app-dir> directory and redeploy the application by calling ant deploy - see how your modifications affect the application.
If you would like to understand some of the details of the Seam, AS 5 integration take a look on the JBoss wiki and specifically What is JBoss-Seam-Int
Seam's now target's JBoss 5. All examples have been tested and work with JBoss 5.
Created: 18. Aug 2008, 07:19 America/New_York (Christian Bauer)
Last Modified: 31. Oct 2011, 15:21 America/New_York (Shane Bryzak)